Cornell University Law School
The following Cornell University Law School students have received fellowships from Equal Justice America. These fellowships are made possible by contributions from Cornell Law alumni. With continued support from the alumni, we look forward to putting many more Cornell law students and graduates to work providing vitally needed legal assistance to the poor.
(Equal Justice America is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation unaffiliated with any law school.)
Please click the links below to read letters from the students and/or their supervisors on their EJA Fellowship experiences.
“I am incredibly grateful to have received the Equal Justice America Law Student Fellowship as a part of my time working at Greater Boston Legal Services this past summer. I chose to work at GBLS because, having spoken to people who had worked previously as summer interns, I had heard that this was a job where I would get truly beneficial legal experience and get to interact with and assist clients in a way that I would not otherwise have been able to. Upon starting the job, I found everything I heard about the program to be the case. Working in the employment unit at GBLS opened me up to experiences that were highly beneficial to the growth of my own legal knowledge, and also tremendously important to the clients that I was serving.” –D. Julian Veintimilla, Cornell University Law School, EJA Summer Fellow 2015
- Mary Ang worked in the Matrimonial and Family Law Unit at the New York Legal Assistance Group.
- Jonathan Arm worked in the Volunteer Lawyers Project at the Brooklyn Bar Association.
- Alicia Arman worked in the Health and Welfare Clinic at the East Bay Community Law Center in Berkeley, CA.
- Michael Divers worked in the Immigration Unit at Greater Boston Legal Services.
- Cyril Heron and Jialu Li worked at the Unemployment Action Center at NYU School of Law.
- Yixian Lu worked at Legal Assistance Western New York in Rochester.
- Rosa Cortez worked in the Responsible Parent Project at Rhode Island Legal Services.
- Farryal Siddiqui worked at Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS).
- Rafael Cumbas and Jiaxin (Julia) Zhu worked at Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS).
- Samuel Esclavon worked at Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A.
- Daniela Estrada worked at Equip for Equality in Chicago.
- Shelby Garland worked at the Atlanta Legal Aid Society.
- Ralph Joseph worked at the Legal Services of Greater Miami.
- Alexandre Jouravliov worked at the Farmworker Legal Assistance Clinic at Cornell.
- Cynthia Suarez worked at the Veterans Legal Institute in Santa Ana, CA.
- Elias Alcantar Jr. workd at Texas RioGrande Legal Aid in Weslaco.
- Sarah Estabrook worked at the Community Legal Services of Philadelphia.
- Zhenxiong (Paul) Fan worked at Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A.
- Kara Goad worked at the Appalachian Citizens’ Law Center in Whitesburg, KY.
- Jenny Hu worked at the East Bay Community Law Center in Berkeley, CA.
- Gabriela Leon worked at the Catholic Legal Services of Miami.
- Allen Love worked in the Veterans Legal Clinic at the Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School in Boston.
- Liyuan Xiao worked at Bay Area Legal Aid.
- Maame Esi Austin worked at the Maryland Legal Aid Bureau in Baltimore.
- David Cambas worked at Prairie State Legal Services in Wheaton, IL.
- Elana Dahlager and Jessica Lam worked at Tompkins/Tioga Neighborhood Legal Services in Ithaca, NY.
- Yana Izrailov worked at Queens Legal Services in Jamaica, NY.
- Omar Khan worked at The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland.
- D. Julian Veintimilla worked at GBLS..
- Elana Dahlager, Scott Davidson and Tracy Wong worked at Tompkins/Tioga Neighborhood Legal Services in Ithaca, NY.
- Rufus Burgess worked at the Legal Assistance of Western New York.
- Scott Davidson worked at the New York Legal Assistance Group.
- Christie Diaz and Hyesoo Jang worked at The Legal Aid Society in New York City.
- Johanna Fernandez worked at the Casa Cornelia Law Center in San Diego.
- Jeff Hobday worked at the Legal Aid Society of Columbus in Ohio.
- Trudy McLeary worked at the Brooklyn Volunteer Lawyers Project.
- Melanie Senosiain worked at the Colombian American Service Association in Miami.
- Camille Bacon-Schulte worked at Alaska Legal Services.
- Meghan Bowman and Lauren Humphrey worked at Community Legal Aid Society in Wilmington, DE.
- Cynthia Galvez and Emma Steiner worked at California Rural Legal Assistance.
- Lyndsey Marcelino worked at Legal Services for Children in San Francisco.
- Adrienne Steiner worked at the Community Justice Project in Harrisburg, PA.
- Jefferson Yi worked at Legal Services NYC.
- Melissa Gallo worked at Manhattan Legal Services.
- Antony Gemmell worked at MFY Legal Services in New York City.
- Andrew Goldberg worked at the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County.
- Melissa Kovenworked at the Legal Aid Society in Brooklyn, NY.
- Alicia Lee worked at the New Have Legal Assistance Association.
- Victor Lopez worked at Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County.
- Joseph Reutiman worked at Mid-Minnesota Legal Assistance.
- Cody Stingley worked at Southern Tier Legal Services.
- Lucy Clippinger worked at the Rural Law Center of New York.
- Herve Comeau worked at Catholic Charities Legal Services in Miami.
- Melissa Gallo worked at the Homeless Advocacy Project in San Francisco.
- Charles Guzak worked at Tompkins/Tioga Neighborhood Legal Services.
- Barbie Hsu worked at MetroWest Legal Services in Framingham, MA.
- Ya Li worked at Greater Boston Legal Services.
- Susan Millor worked at the Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyer’s Project.
- Bevlynn Sledge worked at Attorneys for Children in Ithaca, NY.
- Kate Lee worked at Southeast Louisiana Legal Services in New Orleans.
- Francis Sohn worked at Lone Star Legal Aid in Galveston, TX.
- Saroj Tharisayi worked at Greater Boston Legal Services.
- Jacob Vredenburgh worked at the Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York.
- Teresa Yeh worked at the Asian Pacific American Legal Resource Center in DC.
Agnetha Jacob worked at Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A.
Benjamin Litchfield worked at the Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School.
Maja Lukic worked at the Disability Rights Legal Center in Los Angeles.
Meryl Phipps worked at Citizens Concerned for Children in Ithaca, NY.
Christian Williams worked at the Youth Advocacy Project in Roxbury, MA.
- Hana Bae worked at Advocates for Basic Legal Equality in Toledo, OH.
- John Busby and Nicole Pence worked at Tompkins/Tioga Neighborhood Legal Services.
- Sybil Devasia worked at the Legal Aid of North West Texas in Dallas.
- David Kagle worked at Legal Assistance of the Finger Lakes in Geneva, NY
- Steven McHugh worked at the Hale and Door Legal Services Center in Boston.
- Quinten Steenhuis worked at Greater Boston Legal Services.
- Sheila Chithran worked at the New York Legal Assistance Group.
- Renuka George worked at the Stanford Community Law Clinic in East Palo Alto, CA.
- Nelida Lara worked at Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid.
- Molly Curren Rowles worked at Tompkins Tioga Neighborhood Legal Services.
- Jonathan Sclarsic worked at New Orleans Legal Assistance.
- Heidi Craig worked at Farmworker Legal Services in Rochester, NY.
- Jocelyn Getgen worked at the Safe Horizon Domestic Violence Law Project in Brooklyn.
- Sathya Gosselin worked at Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid.
- Kristen Stanley worked at the Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY.
- Summer Sylva worked at the Native Hawaiian Legal Corporation.
- Vi Vu worked at the Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County, CA.
- Julian Carini worked at the Homeless Action Center in Berkeley, CA.
- Matthew Conroy worked at the Legal Aid Clinic of the St. Louis University Law School.
- Namita Gupta worked at Lutheran Family & Community Services in New York City.
- Irene Lee worked at the Atlanta Legal Aid Society.
- Parul Mehta worked at the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia.
- Christin Murphy worked at the Legal Aid Society of Rochester.
- Conray Tseng worked at Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County.
- Geoffrey Young worked at the Legal Aid Society in New York City.
- Kimberly Allman worked at Legal Services of Dutchess County, NY.
- Kristine Bergstrom worked at Legal Aid Services of Oregon.
- Heather Buchanan worked at Legal Aid of North Carolina.
- Nhu Le worked at Greater Boston Legal Services.
- Anna Prakash worked at the Legal Aid Society of Minneapolis.
- Dan Walker worked at the Farmers Action Legal Group in Minneapolis.
- Lori Barrett worked at South Brooklyn Legal Services.
- Sheila Gray worked at Legal Services of North Florida.
- Natalia Kolasa worked at the Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago.
- Amada Meader worked at Pine Tree Legal Assistance in Bangor, ME.
- Alicia Pedan worked at the Cornell Legal Aid Clinic in Ithaca, NY.
- Kami Chaudhery worked at the Sanctuary for Families Center for Battered Women’s Legal Services in New York City.
- Sarah Jensen worked at the Homeless Action Center in Berkeley, CA
- Annie Jeong and Ruth McFarlane worked at the Cornell Legal Aid Clinic.
- Rena Varghese worked at the AIDS Legal Center of Queens County, NY.
- Cassidy Waskowitz worked at the Legal Aid Society in New York City.
- Victoria Bruno worked at the Juvenile Law Center in Philadelphia.
- Summer Craig worked at the Immigration Law Unit at the Legal Aid Society in New York City.
- Keisha Hudson worked at Community Legal Services in Philadelphia.
- Anjna Kapoor worked at the Juvenile Rights Division of the Legal Aid Society in New York City.
- Juan Real worked at the Cornell Legal Aid Clinic.
- Susan BetzJitomir worked at Chemung Legal Services in Elmira, New York.
- Jack Edward Jackson worked at the Homeless Action Center in Berkeley, California.
- Anne Phelps worked at the Juvenile Rights Project in Portland, Oregon.
- Patrick Train-Gutierrez worked at Texas Rural Legal Aid.