University of Miami School of Law
The following University of Miami School of Law students have received fellowships from Equal Justice America. These fellowships were made possible by contributions from UM law alumni. We look forward to putting many more University of Miami law students to work providing vitally needed legal assistance to the poor.
(Equal Justice America is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation unaffiliated with any law school.)
Please click the links below to read more about the students’ EJA Fellowships.
“I am thankful to have gotten this opportunity and to have been surrounded by amazing attorneys, law clerks, and support staff [at Bay Area Legal Aid]. Without the help of Equal Justice America I would not have been able to serve my clients and protect their rights.” – Daniel Bujan, University of Miami School of Law, EJA Summer Fellow 2018
- Daniel Bujan worked at Bay Area Legal Aid in Oakland, CA.
- Amanda Powell worked at The Door’s Legal Services Center in New York City.
- Amanda Powell worked at Legal Services of Greater Miami.
- Scott Cummings worked at the Legal Aid Society of Broward County in Plantation, FL.
- Francesse Lucius worked at Americans for Immigrant Justice in Miami, FL.
- Scott Edelsberg worked at Bet Tzedek Legal Services in Los Angeles.
- Rita Kapadia worked at the Urban Justice Center in New York City.
- Dena Neunzig worked at Legal Services of Southern Piedmont in Charlotte, NC.
“Overall, this summer was an amazing learning experience for me, I feel like I was given a wide variety of tasks including, but not limited to: interviewing clients, research and writing legal memoranda, representing clients as Administrative Hearings, and community outreach. I attended various trainings involving other fields of public interest and I learned the differences between individual lawyering and community lawyering. This placement definitely enhanced my desire to find a career in public interest.” – Amanda Powell, University of Miami School of Law, EJA Summer Fellow 2015 & 2016
- Brian Barish worked at Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc (LSGMI).
- Michael Hoffman worked at LSGMI.
- The letter reprinted below is from Maria L. Soto the Deputy Director of LSGMI.